11/17/11

HENRY LOVES ALICE


I'M SO PROUD OF MY PUNK ROCK SISTER! 
CHECK OUT HENRY'S COLUMN~
Henry Rollins: The Column! 

Alice Bag's 
Punk Rock Legacy




More than 30 years ago, in Washington, D.C.,
I secured a copy of a single by a Los Angeles band called The Bags.
The two-song 7-inch, released on Dangerhouse, had a girl on the cover
who looked right at you with huge eyes. The songs, "Survive" and
"Babylonian Gorgon," were great and made many of my mix tapes.
A few weeks ago, the girl on the cover of the single sent me
her new autobiography, released on Feral House Press.
It's called Violence Girl, and the author is Alice Bag.
I read it from cover to cover. If you are a fan of the classic,
early punk music that was happening in the late 1970s here in Los Angeles,
this is a well-written and informed read from someone
 who was there from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment